Liquid Profiles of Amps - Your Most Wanted

• But there are a some stacks missing, that I can't really emulate with one of the currently existing ones:

Dumble ODS or SSS.

Although I know these are supposed to be basically Fender-style, the controls work much more interdependent than - say - a Twin Reverb tone stack.

I agree with you.

I made some profiles a few years ago of an SSS style amp (High Plains Drifter) and an ODS style amp (Bludo-Drive) and none of them sound better with liquid profiling stacks.

Having said that, I have found on one or two occasions that if I'm not going for authenticity, I can get interesting sounds with changing stacks for the SSS style profiles.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Have you tried moving the tone stack position in the profile Mats?

• 1. Fender Machete

2 Hartke Bass Kickback 12

3. Fishman Loudbox Mini

4. Fender Deluxe Reverb Tone Master

5. Fender Acoustic 100

6. Quilter Steelaire

7. Quilter Tone Block 202

8. Fender Blues Deville

9. Spark amp

This would cover all the amps I own and use. I have only profiled the Machete and have no idea which of the now available tone stacks would work best with the profile, but I did photograph the settings it was profiled with. If a modeled Machete tone stack is ever available, I'm ready for it.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• Have you tried moving the tone stack position in the profile Mats?

No, actually I haven't as I totally forgot that part of the KPA in my excitement about the liquid profiling.

Thanks for pointing it out! I will check that tomorrow.

Cheers,

Mats N

• i am a Mesa/Marshall/Fender so anything from those amps is welcome

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• jp2 ,prs archon,bogner xtc.i can get by with the kemper eq.for me its all about the gain knob to be as close as it can for the gain structure. especially with the mesa mk series witch is very hard to profile correctly

• jp2 ,prs archon,bogner xtc.i can get by with the kemper eq.for me its all about the gain knob to be as close as it can for the gain structure. especially with the mesa mk series witch is very hard to profile correctly

For the Mark Series amps the tone stack is a vital and integral part of the gain structure so getting the gain to behave properly will probably need the tone stack to behave like a Mesa too. The key is in that the tone circuit (basically a Fender tone stack with extra options) is placed before the clipping gain stages so influences how the amp distorts rather than just shaping the tone of the already distorted sound.

Imam sure Mark Series tone stack will be on the list to be added.

• all available models are visible on the hardware with 10.0 installed and/or in the matching Rig Manager version

For those of us that are waiting for the beta version to be tested, it would be nice to see a full list to see what's in store.

Also, is there an explanation anywhere of exactly which amps they're based on - some are obvious - but e.g. which amps are Orange Overdose 1 & 2?

• If this is a dream list then;

Eddie Van Halen's first Plexi

Jimi Hendrix's first Plexi

Jimmy Page's first Plexi

Alex Lifeson's Hiwatt

Neil Giraldo's JMP combo

Joe Walsh's Fender Tweed Champion

Ted Nugent's Fender Deluxe 6G3 combo

Steven Tyler's Ampeg V-2

Then I can die happy. :)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• For those of us that are waiting for the beta version to be tested, it would be nice to see a full list to see what's in store.

Also, is there an explanation anywhere of exactly which amps they're based on - some are obvious - but e.g. which amps are Orange Overdose 1 & 2?

Why not write the list in the readme?

The question will arise by everyone not wanting to go beta but still wanting to know the stacks.

The list is in post #93.

• Christopher said there would be 40 amp tone stack at the start of liquid profile. The beta version has 32 so my guess is there will be more with the official release. But again, most of the amps are variations of a Fender, Marshall, Vox or Mesa design. So you basically only need those 4 tone stacks and they are already there. But more is more and we love it. So I will welcome as much tone stacks Kemper will be willing to offer. I'd like a Bogner, EVH, Marshall JVM, Cameron, all Friedman.