Liquid profiling detected

• I like how that gain knob reacted with that profile. Usually if I change the gain knob more than a notch or two higher, completely changes the sound of the profile or it falls apart. I’m hopeful this liquid profiling will hold up to the expectations.

• I just a Tone Junky video, on Liquid Profiles, he has the beta. It was short , but interesting

He said, he thinks the beta will be released, pretty soon

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can not stand his profiles. But his tone at 11 minutes is something. Looks like the kemper going to get as real as a amps feel an quality than ever. I feel sorry for all the fools that sold for the next shinny thing ha. An if kemper has the patent on this then Christoph kills it again..... Im excited.

• do You know that feeling when You're waiting for one of Your fav movie (it's has just finally, already been released at cinema) and You cant wait to see on Your Home 55"HD TV.

IT'S CALLED Spoiler! ^^

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• do You know that feeling when You're waiting for one of Your fav movie (it's has just finally, already been released at cinema) and You cant wait to see on Your Home 55"HD TV.

IT'S CALLED Spoiler! ^^

I remember waiting 13 years for Avatar 2 and I was a little disappointed. It certainly wasn't worth that long of a wait. It was the Way of Water but hopefully not the same Liquid. ;)

I do believe I will enjoy LP, but I lowered my hopes hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I do believe I will enjoy LP, but I lowered my hopes hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I think HW captured the essence of Liquid Profiling when he said it would be a 'game changer for authenticity'. Granted, everything for HW is a game changer until the next game changer comes along but that statement captured it. It will allow the tone controls to respond more like the amp's actual controls. This can be very useful if you are into an amp like the Vox AC30 with its Cut control. Having something like that for your AC30 profiles is a big deal. Amps with peculiar controls that can be mimiced by tone stack modeling will be very handy. If you're more of a Marshall / Soldano / Friedman guy (like me) with their more or less conventional tone stacks I think it's less of a big deal. As they stated, the Marshall tone stack is not very effective in the first place. Having something that mimics it is not a game changer. If you are an amp tone control jockey you're probably going to like this.

• There wasn't much substance in the HW/Britt video.

Britt mentioned knobs not being as touchy and having a wider sweet spot. OK, nice to have.

HW seems to like the Vox cut control. OK, that would be nice, but I like some of the ACs as they are.

I didn't hear anything that sounds like a game changer.

HW is a salesman and it seems all he could sell was a cut control. Big deal. I saw very little excitement from either of the two.

I heard Britt state that the new recommended way of profiling isn't as good as the way that he was doing it before LP.

I expect little to no improvement in tone with LP.

• It seems the usual hyperbole abounds whenever a new thing is revealed by Kemper.

There was no mention of better tone. The team never said that the tone would change in any significant way and since this is a EQ update, why would it? As far as I can see, Liquid Profiles were specifically created to allow the user have the same tonestack control over a static profile that so many complained was lacking in the profiler. Now it's a reality. No more, no less.

While some may allow some flexibility while maintaining the authenticity of the amp, Marshall tonestacks are crap and Kemper are authentically reproducing them, crap and all. 😎👍

• Lol we had this same discussion previously, didn't we?

I am quite sure I could relisten to the full HW video with Kemper and find statements that imply tone improvements even if not explicitly stated.

The primary goal of the Kemper IMO is to provide the tone of any amp that is profiled. It has many features outside of that scope, but without profiling the unit isn't of much interest to guitarists. The Kemper is first and foremost a guitar amp tone generator. There has been quite a lot of enthusiasm regarding LP being a game changer. I would argue that it can't be game changing if the tone is not improved.

Two of the main 3rd party profilers didn't express much praise or excitement in the video focused on LP. That fact is revealing to me.

• I don't think the tone needs improvement, is more kind of a fool-proof EQ update that limit the EQ range to what sounds "true" to the amp and avoid drifting too far away from it. The benefit is in reducing the amount of profiles that you need to have from the same anp....IMHO

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I don’t recall Christoph ever implying tonal improvements.

Everyone else appears to have heard that, though.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche