OS 10 beta is out! Let's get Liquid!

• Sadly not there. Just tried downgrading and reloading the OS using USB stick and no luck with that either. Well, it is a Beta!

Fixed it--how to downgrade to the latest 9.0 version of the OS and then upgrade to the latest Beta.

(Before tried to fix by I downgrading to earlier version of the beta and then upgrading to latest beta which did not work.)

• How would that be preferable?

The current LP methodology allows you to capture the amp”s gain at Maximum setting. However, the profiling process sends signals of gradually increasing level allowing it to capture ALL gain levels from zero to max. I can’t see how a lomited number of points then extrapolating between them would be an improvement.

Does it? ok forgive my lack understanding we all a day in here. if thats true, v cool

• Does it? ok forgive my lack understanding we all a day in here. if thats true, v cool

I still get your point, the gain part was always an issue for me going up from the profiled amp, going down was not that different from the amp BUT in my own experience, it is not perfect either. I see I loose some mids together with increasing highs when lowering the gain in real amps, thing I see not in a profile most of the time. So the LP does calculate the in-between states as before, but now the rate at which the gain is set, is limited by design and also has a different curve, making the approach more amp like. Wich is not clear is if the particular gain stage is simulated, which would imply that those changes I hear in the real amp are taken into account. I wont know until I do my twin reverb profile, and get the whole block mad at me for doing the profiling at max gain (last time I played crazy telling them it sounded like an alien signal transmision to me).

The answer is 42

• And let me add, that if it indeed does model gain staging and nuances properly, this is end game, we wont see companies catching up in the near future, and remember Mr. Kemper saying they have actual patents about the gain knob and liquid profiling. A perfect clone of my vintage twin would be a dream come true.

The answer is 42

• It doesn't appear like there is any naming or extension that identifies a Liquid Profile from a "regular" profile. This seems like it's going to create confusion when you have a number of similar amp rigs, some of which are LP and some not. Am I missing something?

• It doesn't appear like there is any naming or extension that identifies a Liquid Profile from a "regular" profile. This seems like it's going to create confusion when you have a number of similar amp rigs, some of which are LP and some not. Am I missing something?

You can name them as you wish

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• You have 3 folders of LP profiles included in which LP is in the name of the folder in RM. It's easy enough to just look at the stack amp model to know if LP was applied. Naming an old rig to something like "Mars 800 Muff LP" would suffice for now, but I think it's just a matter of time until all profiles will be LP anyway.

The question for the author would be if he profiled for LP to begin with or added an amp model afterwards.

I have not profiled an amp yet but I'm ready now with LP especially with an antique Marshall practice amp to bring back some sweet 80's memories. I just have to figure out what amp model will work with it.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• You have 3 folders of LP profiles included in which LP is in the name of the folder in RM. It's easy enough to just look at the stack amp model to know if LP was applied. Naming an old rig to something like "Mars 800 Muff LP" would suffice for now, but I think it's just a matter of time until all profiles will be LP anyway.

The question for the author would be if he profiled for LP to begin with or added an amp model afterwards.

I have not yet profiled an amp yet but I'm ready now with LP especially with an antique Marshall practice amp to bring back some sweet 80's memories.

I put modified (my normally more played amps) in () with what they mean, in this case (LP), which gets me to those profiles fast in the browser, and identifies what is modified. I have several like (Eq) modified, or (MxC) which means with matched cab, (Ps) which means a profile with the whole amount of mods and slots ready for performance, etc. etc.

The answer is 42

• I found some tips. Make sure you BURN... whatever that means. ^^

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And more stuff

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ****SIGH****

I figured as much, but no love whatever for Bass players. Not a single liquid profile in there for us. I'd LOVE to get a simple two band with a HPF from a Noble DI or a simple gain and two band from a B15. An SVT stack would be phenomenal.

I'm loving this new stuff on my guitar profiles, just wish I had SOME love for bass.

• rickplaysbass - all of the best bassists are incredibly patient. 😀

Can I ask that we use the acronym LQP for liquid profiling? I can't see LP without thinking Les Paul and suspect it's the same for a few.

Patient enough to have curated over 30k in bass specific profiles from creating my own and trading with others creating. 😉

Now if I could just get a Noble, B15, and SVT LQP addition I would be IN LOVE!

• I still get your point, the gain part was always an issue for me going up from the profiled amp, going down was not that different from the amp BUT in my own experience, it is not perfect either. I see I loose some mids together with increasing highs when lowering the gain in real amps, thing I see not in a profile most of the time. So the LP does calculate the in-between states as before, but now the rate at which the gain is set, is limited by design and also has a different curve, making the approach more amp like. Wich is not clear is if the particular gain stage is simulated, which would imply that those changes I hear in the real amp are taken into account. I wont know until I do my twin reverb profile, and get the whole block mad at me for doing the profiling at max gain (last time I played crazy telling them it sounded like an alien signal transmision to me).

I was saying it in more the sense that not every single amps tonestack going to be there. An just being able to get the quality of your amps overdrive right would be the bomb. An LP the eq. Because obviously as cool as applying lp to a wrong amp could be it be, it be simply unreal to have the main sound right. Anyway lets see, this may be too much fun. Im waiting for a decent vid on this. I tried yesterday an do not even know if its right.

• Ok, so the weekend is finally here (yea!). Got some time and got liquid.

Took quite a bit of time since I was on 8.7 (did a backup), loaded 9, rebooted and made sure everything was still alright. Then loaded 10 beta.

First thing that happened was I found the same bug others have reported in that my output didn't work anymore. Also as others reported, removing my USB from the computer and rebooting the KPA fixed it (it is a beta after all).

I wasn't sure when all the discussion started how excited I really was about this update, but figured in theory it should make it easier to get good tones faster.

BOY WAS I RIGHT. I am stunned at how quickly I can take an old profile and tweak it now to a number of great tones without much effort at all!

I have always felt that the KPA was the easiest of the digital amps in the high end market to get a good tone out of, but LQP has made it WAY easier than it was before.

Further, it just seems like every rig that I work on just comes out better than I was ever able to get it before and with very little effort.

So here is my take:

What I thought was going to be an "eh" moment is actually the best firmware update (for me) since I bought the KPA in 2013. From an overall standpoint, my guitar tone is going to be more improved by this update than from any other update ever. Not because the KPA got better tone, but because it let me (someone who is not Michael Britt) get so much more out of a profile by tweaking it than I could before. To be clear, I don't think this will do anything for Mr. Britt since he is one of the most accomplished masters of getting good profiles out of the KPA on the planet. For the rest of us mere mortals, LQP is the biggest improvement in the KPA since its inception IMO. Of course, YMMV.

Now, I have to get back to my KPA and continue to create tweaks of my current list of favorite profiles. Fortunately, my wife and daughter are off in Chicago this weekend so I can make all the noise I want! :).

Thank you ckemper . Great update!

• My thoughts exactly! 👍

Thanks for sharing.

• Been messing around and it's pretty awesome. Sure i'd love to have every amp in there to get the exact sound but been putting other amp Eq's and been able to get great tones with other Amp , it's like creating some hybrid amps pretty cool . A Marshall Eq doesn't do much but tried Orange , Friedman eq's on other amps , very cool

another great update by Kemper