OS 10 beta is out! Let's get Liquid!

• LQP as documented says to profile the amp with all the eq flat and the amp gain at max.

To be complete, the manual does not say to profile at eq flat and gain max.

This is merely a recommendation for a more authentic over-all LQP.

You can still make a LQP at your desired sweet spot, and it will sound authentic in that very setting, just like a regular Profile.

Only deviating far away from that sweet spot might induce more inaccuracies due to the reasons mentioned in the manual.

If you set the bass knob at "2" for profiling and mirror it to "2" in the Profiler, deviations of the potentiometers taper or even the printed scale on your amp can cause a small error. While the unaltered Profile is spot on, you might experience a larger deviation, when you turn the bass knob on your amp and the Profiler to "10" for an A/B comparison. The small error might get large when deviating by most of the scale.

Once your target amp is well mic'ed and warmed up, it might be a good advice to make that "most accurate setting" LQP, as well as two or three sweet spot LQP's (including the mandatory mirroring of the sweet spot settings in the Profiler), and keeping all of them.

Then they can be compared against each other the next day, and they might all work perfectly and equally, at any settings.

• The first pedal on my board is a GE-7 I modded.

I always had a GE-7 on my pedal board since the early 80s but I used it as a clean boost. I bumped up the mids with a peak around 800hz and raised the volume just a touch. I always played master volume Marshalls or a Soldano Hot Rod 50 and it was just enough to give the amp a little edge. Later on I shotgunned all the cheap components with one of those Monte Allums kits and that lowered the noise floor considerably.

• My fav setup when i used to have a band was the 4 cable method with a old boss gt5 an my amp. In the GT5 you could put the pre section of the amp an the post where you wanted an the possibilities were endless. Was very easy to put a eq wherever you wanted an you could shape the sound like crazy. Just to give it a bit more polished edge i could even put a speaker emulation in there at a low percentage just to pro up the sound a bit. Talking about it makes me thinks to find a used one

• I would like to try some Liquid profiling with a OD stomp in front of the amp. Specifically, the BE-OD. Will the LP model loose any accuracy when adjusting the model's gain in the Kemper?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I would like to try some Liquid profiling with a OD stomp in front of the amp. Specifically, the BE-OD. Will the LP model loose any accuracy when adjusting the model's gain in the Kemper?

Tried a matchless hotbox last night infornt of a kemper first time. Nothing to write home about. Rather profiles a amp with it in front

The Kemper should, in theory, accurately reproduce the response of the profiled amp with a OD going in the front if you change the gain. After all it is profiling the gain from zero to whatever you set the original gain at. Of course this is theory until someone does it and compares to a sweet spot gain level on the real amp.

I would assume Yes and no....

No loss of accuracy for the amp gain, yes for the pedal gain. In other words I would guess that it would be close to changing the amp gain in your original set up??

I'm pretty sure either Michael Britt or Guidorist included a Liquid Profile with a drive baked-in with one of the free packs.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Later on I shotgunned all the cheap components with one of those Monte Allums kits and that lowered the noise floor considerably.

I did that exact mod. Easy and made a huge difference. So I modded about 6-7 other pedals with his stuff :) My Boss Metal Zone rocks now. I am serious.

The Profile will be fine, but the gain control might control the gain into the OD, instead of the amp.

• Howdo!

I'm a newbie to Kemper had one for 2 months now, and just getting into Liquid profiles.

HAve a question on teh AMp section what is the difference between generic gain and gain? on some profile 5150III they can almost be tweaked independently of one another, where as on a Dual Rec LQ profile they are in sync.

• RTFM.

Just kidding but the manual explains it better than I can so no point reinventing the wheel.

Quote from Kemper Manual Page 93

 Generic Gain

While the regular Gain control is narrowed down to the authentic gain range of the selected Amp Model, the Generic Gain control in the menu still represents the wide Gain control of the PROFILER. When you move any of the two Gain controls, you will observe that both are linked – they will move simultaneously, but at different speeds and values. With the Generic Gain control, however, you can choose to exceed the maximum limit of the model Gain control. When “Kemper Generic” model is selected, then the regular Gain control and the Generic Gain show the same value.

For an amp with lots of gain the Gain Control might cover the full range of the Generic Gain where’s something with little gain like amFender Twin might only use a tiny portion of the Generic Gain range.

• Howdo!

I'm a newbie to Kemper had one for 2 months now, and just getting into Liquid profiles.

HAve a question on teh AMp section what is the difference between generic gain and gain? on some profile 5150III they can almost be tweaked independently of one another, where as on a Dual Rec LQ profile they are in sync.

The generic gain is the gain setting that would be used if it were not a Liquid profile. Use the regular Gain if you want the liquid profile to remain accurate. You can, of course, go beyond the liquid model using generic gain if you choose to.

• I must say that that I feel Liquid profiles are the end all be all, and I find myself getting better results when using less gain than I did before and relying on the amp's gain instead of a stomp. I do feel like I am playing the real amp. I'm enjoying this immensely.

Cheers!

• I must say that that I feel Liquid profiles are the end all be all, and I find myself getting better results when using less gain than I did before and relying on the amp's gain instead of a stomp. I do feel like I am playing the real amp. I'm enjoying this immensely.

Cheers!

What profiles are you enjoying the most, just curious.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Thanks to all who tested and Kemper for making v10 happen! I have one session tomorrow night and then I can dive into Liquid Profiles :love:

Live From… Peace Frog’s Den features South Texas songwriters and musicians performing live original music from Peace Frog's Den's studio in San Antonio, Texas. All styles of music are welcome. Would love for you to check us out at https://bit.ly/livefrompfd.