I'm sure every Kemper user has watched this Paul David's video?

• 9.3 million views.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Playing in bands is so last century dude 🤣

That is such a sad fact. Music use to come to me. Now the internet makes me go search for it - in which good music is so diluted by the mundane and mediocre content creators. We may never recover, and may be left to play 80's music over and over again for another 100 years. :sleeping:

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• That is such a sad fact. Music use to come to me. Now the internet makes me go search for it - in which good music is so diluted by the mundane and mediocre content creators. We may never recover, and may be left to play 80's music over and over again for another 100 years. :sleeping:

Paul Davids is anything but a 'mediocre content creator'.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I can't jam to "content". I need good music. :)

This is the equivalent of saying "....back in my day...." Well....it's not your day nor mine. It someone else's and......they're playing guitar.

His primary purpose isn't to be in a band or release original music. So what?

If he gets other people to like and play guitar (which its pretty clear he does)....who cares?

• This is the equivalent of saying "....back in my day...." Well....it's not your day nor mine. It someone else's and......they're playing guitar.

His primary purpose isn't to be in a band or release original music. So what?

If he gets other people to like and play guitar (which its pretty clear he does)....who cares?

No, this is still 'my day'. You can choose to surrender yourself to 'someone else', because I don't care. :)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Paul is intelligent, presents info well and is a solid player. Kudos to him. Many guitarists will find his content useful, but this is all relative. He is not going to teach me anything about music or guitar but it might have helped me 30 years ago. Of course, we are all on are own journey, so YMMV.

A decade or more ago, I might have been amazed that Paul could cover those songs with a single unit, but not anymore. Good on Kemper, but it is firmly established that a Kemper can be used in that way. That's what profiling accomplishes.

I see both sides of the debate that has been made above. This is just my opinion.

• He is not going to teach me anything about music or guitar but it might have helped me 30 years ago. Of course, we are all on are own journey, so YMMV.

I (think) I understand your point relative to Paul. His videos aren't delving into in-depth studies. That's not his audience.

With respect, I've had a 12-year-old student teach me something about the instrument. Insight is everywhere.

• Well for starters, this sounds like crap. This is a perfect example of the wierd trebly but compressed thing the kemper can do that some of us hear an some dont. Dont wana start a argument on it as we will go in circles like in the past. 2nd this guy cant profile for the life of him. Go back an find his matchless comparison vid where he profiles his matchless not direct, but through his OX BOX an through computer then ya wonder why the profile sounds crap compared to his real amp. It bugs me this stuff, it degrades the kemper.

• Hmm....its ok...not amazing.

Sound wise, he is never going to be able to cover all those songs with a strat...Walk sounds awful but that isn't his fault or the Kempers.

What is the point of the video? I don't think its meant to be a promo for a Kemper - if it is it fails. I assume its to excite people with riffs they haven't heard before and to go discover new ( to them) music). There were some songs in there I didn't know too and so was interesting. He is not showcasing any major talent but again I don't think that is what is meant by this.

Sometimes I think we overthink stuff...

• That is such a sad fact. Music use to come to me. Now the internet makes me go search for it - in which good music is so diluted by the mundane and mediocre content creators. We may never recover, and may be left to play 80's music over and over again for another 100 years. :sleeping:

Oh dude whilst I understand what you are saying, I just feel its too "glass half empty".

Yes the world in which people are becoming famous is getting ridiculous/not based on talent ( do you guys have Love Island? My personal pet hate), we also do get exposed to great new music that we may never have heard before.

Polyphia are a great example of where their music is almost entirely focused on social media and I suspect in the "old" days may have struggled to get their music heard - I never thought that the best music always emerged, it was too heavily influenced by record companies driven by sales.

So I think there are pros and cons to the current state of music....