Increase/decrease Volume by 5% on every push of a button on the remote. ( Tuner and looper )

• A feature similar to what I had on the BOSS multiefffect GT-100 would be nice to have on the Kemper. The possibility to increase/decrease the output volume by +/-10% by klicking on a button.

This was useful when someone asks "Guitar louder!!!" and you don't have free hands to rotate some knobs and the mixer guy is not reactive.

There are two buttons on the remote I never use, the tuner and the looper. I could use these two for this or better let the user customise according to their wishes.

The amount of increase 3%, 5%, 10% can be also configurable for each rig.

• Official Post

This was useful when someone asks "Guitar louder!!!" and you don't have free hands to rotate some knobs and the mixer guy is not reactive.

A - this never happens :)

B - the only way to increase the volume of the guitar is by the FOH mixer. Changing the output of the PROFILER would also screw up all the IEM/wedge mixes that were made before.

C - people yelling something at gigs usually aren't the most reliable - trust your FOH mixer

• Unless they ask for it, sending a hotter signal to FOH will piss off the person behind the desk. Just like turning the real amp up - it screws up other things.

If you want your guitar to stick out - a better option would be to have a midrange booster of some type handy. Or, morph the midrange/presence/EQ curve to bring the sound forward.

Turning up the volume (usually) isn’t the best answer.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Unless they ask for it, sending a hotter signal to FOH will piss off the person behind the desk. Just like turning the real amp up - it screws up other things.

If you want your guitar to stick out - a better option would be to have a midrange booster of some type handy. Or, morph the midrange/presence/EQ curve to bring the sound forward.

Thank you!

Or assign an expression pedal to the monitor output volume.

• The general idea is not too bad. During gigs there are situations where you would need an additional 2-3 dB of added gain (eg. soloing). I do not want to waste a slot for such a simple task. Why not adding an master gain option with a predetermined gain value?

• Official Post

The general idea is not too bad. During gigs there are situations where you would need an additional 2-3 dB of added gain (eg. soloing). I do not want to waste a slot for such a simple task. Why not adding an master gain option with a predetermined gain value?

Set the Solo gain and then turn down the volume pot on your guitar for the rhythm parts - this gives you the fastest and most intuitive control without any extra setup, programming, switches etc.

• The general idea is not too bad. During gigs there are situations where you would need an additional 2-3 dB of added gain (eg. soloing). I do not want to waste a slot for such a simple task. Why not adding an master gain option with a predetermined gain value?

If the resultant gain is an increase over the level FOH set up for - that's a bad idea. On stage, you don't have any real clue as to what the audience hears. What's more, it isn't your job to know and definitely not to manage.

IMO - Better to do what DonPetersen suggested, or alter the EQ curve of your sound. Which is far more effective in most situations anyway.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think Fractal has a similar idea on their pedalboard, some switch that can increase or decrease the volume of the preset incrementally by 2dB or something like that. I would find such a feature super useful on the Kemper: there is always a moment at rehearsal where you realize a certain patch is just a little too quiet/loud within the mix. I usually have a +3dB booster on every patch and can reduce volume with the volume pedal on the fly but being able to adjust the rig volume permanently mid-song with the foot would be so helpful... might just be me though; maybe it isn't a problem for people sticking to a limited number of songs/presets but when you play many different bands and rigs and types of gigs, I find it very hard to adjust everything perfectly volume-wise (and eq-wise) ahead of time when it's outside the band mix. I've had several fiascos on 1st rehearsals sessions with digital rigs due to this and that's part of the reason I'm still often partial to the trusty pedalboard + amp solution.

• This might be one of those things that sounds simple but would be tough to implement and would leave lots of hard decisions that would need to be made, leading to new requests of the new feature. For example, would this be a global setting? You'd need to give the option to have it apply to certain outputs and not others. Would the increase stay on when switching Rigs or default back to off? DSP wise, this would be asking the kpa to do some additional processing, as by definition you want it to not use one of the allowed effect slots.

A couple work arounds: do you use morphing in a lot of your live rigs? If not, you have two options. I believe you can morph the Rig volume in the amp block, which would provide a clean boost or cut and you could this with an expression pedal. Or, better, you can have morphing controlled by the second press of the footswitches and do the same thing. The best part of using the footswitches, is that it's the closest row of switches on the remote/stage and has visual led indicating morph and regular state. For this you want to set the how quick the morph occurs to zero so it's instantaneous. If you have occasional other uses for morphing, you can have Rigs set up for those specific needs and perhaps in those cases you can save an effects slot for using the clean boost effect after the amp block.

Another organizational thing I like to do to use up all five Rigs in a performance first before even programing effect toggling, even if the difference between two of the Rigs is nothing more than one effect on or off, because it's always easier to press the bottom row of switches. If more combinations of sounds are needed in that performance, then I utilize instant morph by a second press of the Rig switch. Since almost all the effects have a mix control, I can effectively toggle effects on or off with morphing by setting the mix at 0 or 100% or vice versa. Now I have ten combinations and am never more than a double press of a single bottom row switch away from any of them. If I need more combinations, then I program the back row effect switches to turn things on or off.

• A couple work arounds: do you use morphing in a lot of your live rigs? If not, you have two options. I believe you can morph the Rig volume in the amp block, which would provide a clean boost or cut and you could this with an expression pedal. Or, better, you can have morphing controlled by the second press of the footswitches and do the same thing. The best part of using the footswitches, is that it's the closest row of switches on the remote/stage and has visual led indicating morph and regular state. For this you want to set the how quick the morph occurs to zero so it's instantaneous. If you have occasional other uses for morphing, you can have Rigs set up for those specific needs and perhaps in those cases you can save an effects slot for using the clean boost effect after the amp block.

my preferred solution would be to allow two independent morph settings. One would be controlled by the expression pedal and a completely independent morph selection could be assigned to the foot-switches.

• I think it is not that difficult. It is for sure necessary to provide the hottest signal to FOH during soundcheck. Therefore apply the 2-3 dB at the beginning. Afterwards as amateur band you have to make volume decisions considering soloing on your own as there is no chance the FOH guy is capable of adjusting volume for your lead stuff as he doesn’t know where to start or end … and sometimes little dBs are necessary.

And even currently you are not able to choose routing for separate stomps. It comes out as loud as a booster is dialed in and effects all outputs equally … no decisions can be made apart from Kone Cabs @ monitor out.

Simple problem simple solution … a master gain boost predetermined value.

P.S. With a wireless system you r able to listen to the pa. I am mostly playing small venues …

P.S. And yes new features always makes people wanting more but should have Kemper stopped developing Liquid Profiles only because people want more features afterwards? This amazing toy can be pushed further for sure …

• You need a Boo Star. :)

Unfortunately it's not for sale.

Best regards

Bernhard

Jam it ! 8o

• Hi, have the toaster and just got a Stage. Having trouble with morphing. Want to use the rig button double tap function to morph. Morph button light comes on as well as rig button light but will not save it. Going back to normal setting, no morph when you press rig button twice. Same thing if I use rig manager, doesn't save the morph. Trying various settings on Pedals - Morph page but no luck yet. So simple on the Toaster model. Any help appreciated. Thx

• This thread was quiet, now suddenly I see a lot of answers, all of them very useful. Thank you all !

Actually I use the morph to raise the volume of the rig when needed, but it's true, on a gig you don't know what the audience hears.

But as said the morph is a very useful feature to change sounds of a performance.