STEREO RIGS - I don´t want to buy a Quad Cortex

• Please!
    Implement stereo-rigging.
    For me it´s THE MAIN REASON to consider buying a Quad Cortex.
    When you´re a single guitarist in a band a stereo rig is the shix.

Dear Santa Claus!
    Implement Stereo-Rigging i.o.w. two profiles to blend together ...

<3 <3 <3 <3

• Two amps at once IS NOT the solution. Two amps only will add complexity to fine setup your sound in gigs, and will not sound at all like two guitarrist at stage.

I have both Kemper stage and Fractal FM9, and for me those sound very good, Kemper sounds a little better in dirty cleans and mid-gain sounds and have more natural feel, and maybe fractal sounds little better in cleand and hi-gains (and have better effects). Dual amp and cab in fractal FM9 dont make so much difference in average sound quality, at last you only nottice that is more difficult to set up your sound because you have more parameters and interactions.

You must try double tracker in kemper, that effect make a decent work simulating stereo double track on live guitars

• I‘ve changed to the Quad Cortex for live playing a while ago and one of the few things I‘m missing is the double tracker of the Kemper. Way easier to get results over the QC option to have different signal paths and delays L/R.

• You must try double tracker in kemper, that effect make a decent work simulating stereo double track on live guitars

I was skeptical about the double tracker, but have now used it for plenty of shows with great success. Also it makes the in ears sound really nice. Looseness 4, stereo 100 and detune 0. Our engineer is more than happy.

Personally I always prefer one amp source, but you can try the Stereo Widener to get the 2 amp sound. This subtracts a frequency from one side and boosts the same frequency on the opposite side.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I get dual amps with the new usb feature simply by plugging into my iPhone and running the free TONEX plug-in inside a daw on the phone . For really great flexibility I use an expression pedal to real time adjust the balance in the 2 amps.

• I get dual amps with the new usb feature simply by plugging into my iPhone and running the free TONEX plug-in inside a daw on the phone . For really great flexibility I use an expression pedal to real time adjust the balance in the 2 amps.

Off topic a bit I know but……..

Great idea. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to have real time control between the guitar tone an guitar synth when pluging into my iPad via usb from Kemper. How are you setting up the Tone X and expression pedal as it would probably work the same way with the i{ad synth route?

• I had a QC for a month. Never could get two amps to sound better than my favorite one amp captures, not to say it wasn’t fun trying and interesting. For all the nifty conveniences it offers, I found it took longer to set up and a number of things KpA still does better.

• Off topic a bit I know but……..

Great idea. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to have real time control between the guitar tone a guitar synth when pluging into my iPad via usb from Kemper. How are you setting up the Tone X and expression pedal as it would probably work the same way with the i{ad synth route?

I use loopy pro app on the iPhone to host the TONEX auv3 plug-in. It works with Roxsyn, or any effect, as well. The pedal controls the 2 faders inversely to fade between the kemper and whatever effect I have loaded in loopy pro. Took a little tweaking to get the routing right. I will be glad to send you the template if you get loopy pro. You can probably do it in GarageBand as well.

• My setting ADT

Left channel:

KPA ~> Analog DI OUT ~> TC Electronic Mimiq Mini~> Zoom U44 ~> IPAD ~> UAM ~>(TONEX)

Center stereo channel:

KPA via SPDFI ~>Zoom U44 ~> IPAD UAM

Right channel:

KPA~> Monitor out (cabinet off) ~> Zoom U44 ~>iPad ( ir loader Nembrini )

You have to many option but si not possible to have ADT without TC Mimiq!!!

Sorry my enghlish.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is Mimiq off/on

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by MirekGR10 ().

• Wow... none of you guys seem to have gotten what the awesomeness of blending-amp tones is ...
    It´s NOT ABOUT STEREO WIDTH (!), but about BLENDING TONES and being able to PAN THEM.
    I do NOT like delays and double trackers, but using my JVM410 on one side and my PRS MT15 on the other, profiled with different cabs DOES MAKE AWESOME SOUND, with some sort of "stereosation", but not for "timing" but for difference in signal-chain...
    You can still go perfectly NARROW MONO and still blend two amps, WHICH SOUNDS AWESOME ...

THAT is the reason why Quadcortex or other units offer stereo paths or even quad-paths.

Question to all of you:

NEVER TRIED THAT ??
    I do that in my mixes all the time,
    Because it sounds killer and you can create unique soiund textures outside the usual amp-sound-framework.

• The actual hardware cannot run 2 profiles at the same time, it has been stated several times by the Kemper team.

Maybe in a future Kemper 2? Who knows

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• The two Kemper solution isn't a lame comment - it's the only option for the foreseeable future.

This topic has been discussed a million times and rolls around a couple times a year. Current hardware can't do it, and Kemper has said they have no plans to add it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Ok. I missed out on that info. But well. that´s life, right?
    you miss out on things.
    thanks for clarification, anyways.

Playing live and doing recordings since 2015 with the Kemper now,

I never "missed out on thing".

;)

It's the opposite.
    Since using the Kemper, I have my Marsh. JVM 410 with me and also lots of other different amps,

and they sound like they do on our recordings.

So the Kemper is the "universal weapon" for me.

Also tried different other products like Fractal f.e., but none gave me the possibility to have exactly "my" amp.

:)

• I think most of us have actually grasped the concept but just don't feel any need or benefit from it.

I have tried multiple amps many times in other modellers and Plugins but always end up returning to a single amp solution as it just sounds and feels better to me personally.

If it works for you that is fine though as we all have different needs and tastes. Each is valid to the individual. However, as others have mentioned it is a recurring theme on the forum and Kemper have said many times that the hardware can't run multiple profiles.

The way I see it, all the digital solutions sound great and all have their own strengths so choosing the right solution is more about features and workflow than sound quality. If I wanted dual amps I wouldn't be using a Kemper but would have gone Fractal/ Neural/Line6 instead. The Kemper strength form me is ease of use live where its simplicity is headland shoulders above other solutions for my money.

• The Kemper strength form me is ease of use live where its simplicity is headland shoulders above other solutions for my money.

This is a great point.

The studio lets you mess around and optimize everything. Dual amps at the same time seems more like a convenience than a need.

Live? Screw that.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Dual amps don't give you what is missing from double tracking or two guitarists live. It won't suddenly be wide. That is achieved by the subtle timing and tuning differences of the two performances.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

WHOA! This is a clever solution which would possibly save me from carrying around two Kempers!

It's a great workaround and deserves a sticky, since dual independent paths is perhaps the most requested feature from users.

Thank you again for the tip! Do you mind if I message you for additional information?