Kemper still in the game.

• Hm two guitar gig bag. Sounds practical. Any recommendation?

I'll never understand the gig bag thing. I wouldn't carry a guitar worth over $50.00 in one. They take up the same space as a case (It still has to fit a guitar in) Guitars get a little scratch protection but none from any pressure. A bump against a doorway can still bust a pot or tuner and damage wood. It's just not worth the gamble, I'll just carry the guitar in two pillowcases for the same protection and then it won't look like it can take more than it can.

• I'll never understand the gig bag thing. I wouldn't carry a guitar worth over $50.00 in one. They take up the same space as a case (It still has to fit a guitar in) Guitars get a little scratch protection but none from any pressure. A bump against a doorway can still bust a pot or tuner and damage wood. It's just not worth the gamble, I'll just carry the guitar in two pillowcases for the same protection and then it won't look like it can take more than it can.

I get it, and make no mistake, some of my axes are NOT cheap. That said, I've transported my best and least in the RBX and have never experienced a negative.

Only home to car to gig/practice and back though...

• I get it, and make no mistake, some of my axes are NOT cheap. That said, I've transported my best and least in the RBX and have never experienced a negative.

Only home to car to gig/practice and back though...

Me too, if it goes in a van it’s in a hard case

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I'll never understand the gig bag thing. I wouldn't carry a guitar worth over $50.00 in one. They take up the same space as a case (It still has to fit a guitar in) Guitars get a little scratch protection but none from any pressure. A bump against a doorway can still bust a pot or tuner and damage wood. It's just not worth the gamble, I'll just carry the guitar in two pillowcases for the same protection and then it won't look like it can take more than it can.

I know it seems counter intuitive but a good quality gig bag actually offers a lot more practical protection than a hard case. Now I wouldn’t ever carry a guitar in a hard case unless I really had no option.

• A gig bag would scare me to death but yes I suspect its not as bad as we might think - its because we are used to hard cases..our bass player transports his Dingwall in a gig bag - which is more expensive than any of my guitars, and no issue so....

Back to the Kemper 2 - I'm a bit on the fence. I think its important to always push the boundaries - I didn't know I needed a Kabinet until they created it, but I'm also extremely happy with what I have.

I would never have believed 10 years ago that I could have a super convenient all in one solution that was so flexible, portable and easy to set up. I played last night at a festival and 3 wires ( power, speaker and ethercon) and done. No sound check, but he took a line level and boom straight in - sound was fab...and I was playing my acoustic and switching to electric via the same outputs etc. Just so easy.

• A gig bag would scare me to death but yes I suspect its not as bad as we might think - its because we are used to hard cases..our bass player transports his Dingwall in a gig bag - which is more expensive than any of my guitars, and no issue so....

funnily enough Driftwood Guitars said that they used to ship guitars in hard cases but stopped because they were getting too many warranty claims for instruments that were damaged in transit. They switched to the Mono Gigbag and haven’t had a claim since.

a two guitar gig bag. I can carry everything in one go at a push but tend to make two trips for comfort.

I've been using a MONO 2-guitar gig bag for several years now. No complaints. Being able to wear it like a backpack, leaving both hands free is awesome.

I do have hard cases for all my guitars, and they (the cases) rarely leave the house. Pretty much only when I need to leave a guitar at the repair shop. I don't leave my guitars out at home, so the cases see constant use.

Would I toss a gig bag into the back of a van someone else might load? No. Would I check it at an airport? No. That's not what they're for, anyway. I do know people that have gate-checked them with multi-thousand dollar guitars inside. No problems.

Horses for courses....but unless you toss your guitars around like you would a wrench or screwdriver......the idea that gig bags are somehow not protective and shouldn't be used for expensive guitars is......old thinking.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Gig bag just aren't rigid enough for me to be safe. Even packing in a car there are so many ways the neck could be easily broke that a case wouldn't allow. I'll stack my cases in a way you wouldn't do with a gig bag. I wouldn't stack gig bags 4 high and by the time gig bags were good enough to let you do that, you might as well have a case.

• Gig bag just aren't rigid enough for me to be safe. Even packing in a car there are so many ways the neck could be easily broke that a case wouldn't allow. I'll stack my cases in a way you wouldn't do with a gig bag. I wouldn't stack gig bags 4 high and by the time gig bags were good enough to let you do that, you might as well have a case.

Each to their own but there is ample evidence that good quality gigbags (they are not all created equally) are actually more protective than hard cases as they absorb impact forces rather than simply transmit them on to the guitar to allow neck damage including the infamous Les Paul in transit headstock break.

• ....including the infamous Les Paul in transit headstock break.

I routinely put my Les Paul in my gig bag.

They may not be the right tool for what Dynochrome wants/needs.....but they are the exact right thing in far more situations than people give them credit for.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I chat with a guy who gigs regularly in New York City and needs the smallest rig possible since he travels in cabs and on public transportation (buses and subways). A gig bag is perfect for him since many have straps that can be worn backpack style. Myself, I am not a fan. I have a little stack of them. I'll throw one in on a Craigslist sale now and then when I need the case for another guitar.

I am about ready to retire my 2004 Honda CRV so I'll be car shopping before too long. The hardshell case for my Gibson Explorer measures 48" x 18" x 4.5". I will have it with me when I car shop. It needs to fit in the rear seat. I will never put my Explorer in a gig bag.

• I designed a jazzmaster case with crossrock an thats a good inbetweener with the backpack straps an that. I would never use a gig bag it freak me out if it left my sight like a plane or van etc. A flight case for my kemper was the best thing I did too, I take it whenever i go to europe or australia. I would love to get a carlton case but they are stupid expensive an way a TON

• I just wanted to gush and fanboy over Kemper. Always adding new features, and functionality. I'm so glad I joined this cult a couple years ago.

I just love how they just keep giving, unlike their neighbors like Native Instruments.