Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• I agree with you.

I have mixed feelings but, at the end, i stay quite disappointed....

This could have been a good backup/jam solution...

But the display absence (they could just put a 01-10 small LCD display) and the FX's limitations are really problematic for me.

Of course, this new cheaper product can't be a Stage like but there are so many things that disappear, i don't catch why they simplified so....

Some can argue that it's better than a GT1000 core or a ToneX cause you have FXs anyway...

I want a all-in-one solution.... :evil:

It's even not logical to argue that it's a good light solution to bring everywhere and tell that if you want more effects, bring external pedals... :/ ?( X/

I don't want to turn a light solution into a heavy one and i don't want to tap dancing, if i had no matter to do so, i shouldn't have bought Multi-FXs for years and should have bought traditionnal rigs.

I've got a Nux MG-30, it's three times cheaper.... I really enjoy playing it at home :thumbup:

I can understand the price can not be the same cause of the production site (i assume it's built in germany) but it could bring, at least, the same number of FXs...

IMO, they trapped themselves cause the number of Profilers' FXs modules is already small (not a matter for me) but they have to reduce it again to justify the price gap... :cursing:

I think this point could be easily unlocked to bring the same Fxs number (even if we don't have all the same Fxs as other profilers), it could change my mind to buy it even if i would do compromises on other things (looper, switches,etc....)

For the moment, i'm skipping my turn...

• Hehe.. I already have 2 kpa (Head + PWRack) for those rare sessions when I "need" dual amp.

I Was on Kemper website and Ive noticed It's Officially called KEMPER PROFILER Player but actually it Doesn't Profile. It's a bit confusing isn't it?

Based on your posts your studio space looks like Aladdin’s cave so I’m not surprised you have two and yes to call it a profiler when it’s a player is a bit strange, it’s about brand recognition I suppose.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• This is REALLY small. Fits into a good guitar bag.

You have YOUR kemper presets maybe with less fx.

It us just as simple as that. I don't think to much about it..this little guy does not look like it likes big discussions. Go to the jam,go to the rehearsal. Plug in a foh and play. After that in 1 minute you are ready to get into the bus again which will bring you home with no stress.

No drama..

Who ever needs that. Like me for example.

If someone needs "his sound" with tons of fx,2 expression pedals and his stereo FRFR set..completely different story.

As for the player on a pedal board..if it has only very few delay & reverb options this could be a problem.

But I am no pedal board guy.

• Congrats to Kemper for this cool product! Still happy to be rocking my powered head for almost 10 years but if that were available 10 years ago, I might have made a different choice. I already have an old school pedalboard as my 2nd rig, but might still get it. I think bass players will love this as they probably won't be affected as much by the limitations with respect to multiple effects/rigs/performances etc.

edit. Wow, reading the comments, it's kind of baffling how entitled some people have become nowadays...

• I love the size of this for traveling.

I am a bass player and want to use an SVT cabinet so I would need it powered. Is there a small power amp that I could use to power the cab?

• If this had the same number of slots as its bigger brothers then, other than their Profiling capability, there would be almost no point in buying anything other than this unit. The loss of morphing and the Natural Reverb wouldn't phase me enough to care. Especially at basically half the cost.

Did they limit the unit on purpose? I'm sure they did.

Like a spare tire in case of a flat - backup solutions usually aren't as capable as the primary. If they were....again....why get the bigger unit to begin with?

The reality is this unit is primarily aimed at a different group of players. Some existing owners may want it and that's great. That's clearly not the real target, though.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• I love the size of this for traveling.

I am a bass player and want to use an SVT cabinet so I would need it powered. Is there a small power amp that I could use to power the cab?

Maybe look at the Seymour Duncan PowerStage range, built like tanks not exactly cheap but mine has served me well.

For a less expensive option maybe check out the TC Electronic Bam or BH250.

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I will get one as soon as my credit card has recovered from Xmas. I have a lot of small gigs where I use basically only 1 performance, or acoustic ones where I use only 1 rig. Live I don't use any reverb (I leave it up to the sound guy to add it from the desk, not to screw up the mix). Morph would have been nice to keep, but I can live without.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• This isn’t something I ever wanted. But now that it is available I actually think it is a great addition to the lineup. I regularly do rehearsals and gigs with the same basic amp and almost no FX for the whole nite. A setup like this makes a lot of sense for me. The only thing I personally wish it had is a a built in power amp so that I could drive the passive Kabinet I use with my powerhead as an onstage monitor.

You can’t please all of the people all of the time but I’m sure Kemper are going to please a lot of people for a long time with this little puppy.

• I had thought similar, but even if they made a mini full-featured unit almost identical to the head/rack/stage that saved most of the space by having only 3-5 foot switches, the other units would still be preferred by many.

If you want the perfect all-in-one, the stage is still the best choice as it has all the footswitches and no external programing that a dedicated footswitch w/ audio loops would have, while still giving you a stereo effects loop and at least some midi functionality for an external pedal or two. The Stage in a nice paced bag is still smaller and lighter than most guitarist's traditional pedal board, even if you can't tuck it your guitar case; any guitarist planning to use the Player on a pedal board is not worried about tucking his Rig into his pocket.

If you prefer a head/rack format because you don't want your KPA on your floorboard, you have the head and rack, though sitting a small floor shaped unit behind you might be preferable to some of those that like the unpowered head and rack format.

I think the "limiting" on purpose is more based on competitive price-point than not wanting older products to appear antiquated, as they wouldn't be. If they could have squeezed all the Delay and Reverb effect algorithms into this thing and kept the price the same, they probably would have if the DSP could otherwise handle it.

• Let me start with this - I LOVE my Kemper Stage, the Kemper team, and the community - I'm a customer for life. For me, the problem is I cannot stop comparing this to my Stage and wondering why they made some of their choices.

For example, how do I turn on/off the FX like a chorus without bending down to press the soft button? I'm sure the answer is either the app (which my hands are busy during the song) or to use other external guitar pedals. But...why have the FX on the kemper pedal then? And, if you want us to use modulation pedals separately, why isn't there an effects loop to place them after the amp section? Also, how do I set the tap tempo during a song without again bending down to press a button?

My last mention is no display - my memory isn't what it used to be so it's great I have all these banks and rigs available, but without the app I really can get lost switching between them.

Anyway, as it's been said - I'm sure this will go over well and Kemper always does a quality job. I think perhaps this just isn't for me and my best solution remains the Stage.

• If I’m reading the manual correctly it doesn’t appear to include the Kemper Drive and Kemper Fuzz FX types. That seems a bit strange for two such recent and highly acclaimed effects. I hope I’m wrong though.

Yeah weird, if they are using the legacy DSP chip which I have no idea, I can’t see any reason not to throw all the effects in, apparently many other effects are missing too, maybe saving something for NYE?

• Yeah weird, if they are using the legacy DSP chip which I have no idea, I can’t see any reason not to throw all the effects in, apparently many other effects are missing too, maybe saving something for NYE?

I can fully understand restricting the available FX in the lower price unit but I am a bit surprised that the Green Scream, DS and Muffin are included rather than just Kemper Drive and Kemper Fuzz. With just the KD and KF you can cover almost anything you might need. With only two distortion effects instead of the 4 included.

• The absence of the Kemper Drive and Fuzz adds to the idea that this is aimed at players with existing pedal boards. Right in line with things like the Iridium, Boss IR-2, ToneX etc.

It also makes it easier to understand just the two pre-stack effects slots.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche