OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• Yes nice find indeed. Leave it to Bill Ruppert... but did you notice the naming convention is completely different from the beta? My guess is he got an early sneak peek try out and named them whatever he liked.

Bill is a magician.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• So the Kemper Facebook page shared this link with presets earlier today: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o56…Ns--SyXSk6dx5fl7m0ia?dl=0

Only... I think they're using the additional modules from Bill's video above that we don't have access to yet. When I load them, it shows a Loop module in the Delay slot, but I get some sort of pitch-related delay effects happening.

Get 'em while they're still there, I guess?

• I've been doing some profiling and find all sorts of odd things happening. Some profiles have turned out crazy loud/hot. Not distorted but I have to turn down the profile's volume way down to like -20. Also, the input seems to randomly change from rear reamping input back to the front input.

So question: can I safely roll back to the last stable version of 4? Will I temporarily lose access to the few new profiles I've made? Will I lose access to any of my older profiles that I've now saved while working in in 5 beta?

Dave
    music producer/guitarist
    4 room facility running Logic, PT and DP-
    Current amps-Kemper, Peavy C30, Fender Blues Deville- lots of pedals
    DBW Studio | YouTube | Facebook
    come and profile your amp at my studio!

• I think you're right, Sharry, judging by this video (notice the extra delay types that aren't in the current beta) :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow... that sounds great... but... I have no idea, how to dial in such swelling orgen/strings like sounds...
    I have a unit on my desk, which is so powerful, that I will never ever come close to understand and use its potential. To be honest, I am starting to feel afraid of it - and a bit upset because I cant handle it...
    .. I even think, if someone explains to me: well, this is only a swell combined with xy-delay - I still will not understand how someone gets it mind around it... and dial in usable sounds.

Is it just me? Am I alone?

• Just downloaded the Bill Ruppert delays, the delays from That Rig Show #9, and one Petrucci delay from the delay thread.
    However, the only one that has imported is the Petrucci delay. All are in the shared folder, but when I try to import the Kemper says, "No Import Necessary. All Rigs and Presets are already in Browse Pool"
    I've tried creating a Stomps folder, I've reformatted the USB, I've tried resetting the Kemper. Nothing has worked.
    I had a similar problem when I tried to import the first set of new delays. It would only import a few at a time. I had to try 5 or 6 times to get them all imported.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks

• I still will not understand how someone gets it mind around it... and dial in usable sounds.

Is it just me? Am I alone?

At the moment I do not see so much personal advantage for me to have such sounds. It sounds interesting but do not fit to the music I play.
    But opportunity makes thieves. Maybe I find some application to use.
    Also in the future the KPA for me will stay an incredible gear to get the sound of many different amps in a good quality. This is the main purpose I bought it for.

Well, when morphing was introduced (with examples which did not convinced me) I also was a little sceptical will I like it. Now I am happy to use it.

• and a bit upset because I cant handle it...

Haha, I know these thoughts!!

Also in the future the KPA for me will stay an incredible gear to get the sound of many different amps in a good quality. This is the main purpose I bought it for.

Sharry, thats what I must tell myself, when I am tempted to think: Wow, all these new possibilities with these delays and sounds! I HAVE TO use them now! But HOW!!
    Makes me wanting to start a (another) U2 Tribute Band, hahahaha..

• @daveyboy
    If you return to 4.x, you will still be able to access the rigs. If any of them have one of the new delays enabled, the delay will be disabled (but the rig will be available) until you return to 5.x.

Perfect thanks! Don't care about using delay and would rather be able to profile without incident:-)

Dave
    music producer/guitarist

• There were no profiling changes in 5.x, so nothing in 5.x could cause problems when Profiling.

Good to know. Maybe my issues I'm having were always there or pilot error (or both). I will say that the profiles I made yesterday were spot on. I always record the finished profile along with the miked amp simultaneously before moving on so as to a/b the two. It's been over a year since I've profiled and feel things have improved in terms of quality.

Dave
    music producer/guitarist

• It was the first thing i programmed into my DIY-Footcontroller with FW5: Holding the Button activates "Hold". Releasing it deactivates it. - Holding it for more than 3s locks "hold". Pressing again deactivates it.
    But it would be great, if this could be done inside the Kemper with its own remote as i´m tending to switch from my foot-controller to the KPA-remote soon.

Martin

Can you please explain how you did it? I'm using a remote and I tried with an external switch and assigning the function to the tuner switch. Is it possible to do it from the KPA or did you program the CC from your footcontroller?

• Just arrived home from an acoustic duo gig (Taylor acoustic and female vocals). I have not had time to edit any delay sounds but duplicated my main acoustic rig a few times and threw in some of the new delay presets. Wow! So many great textures came out and running stereo through two DXR10s was sonic heaven. So much potential!