Kemper Rack incoming, what do I need to know?

• Hey guys,

Been here for a minute soaking things up. Got the go ahead from the boss to snag a Rack, which I’ll do sometime in the next couple weeks after some preparations.

I’ve grabbed most of the free stuff I’m wanting to try out, I’ve DLed the Rig Manager, I’ve watched tons of videos etc...

I’m curious what you guys wish you’d known beforehand...tips, tricks, favorite pack authors and what not.

Any input? Thanks!

• Check out Kemper's official tutorial videos on youtube, if you haven't already. They'll give you a good idea of what the different sections (Input, Stomps, Stack, Effects, Output) can inhold and how the signal flows.
    For recording, I like The Amp Factory and Bert Meulendijk's profiles. Guido Bungenstock has some nice profiles for pure playing pleasure. MBritt's profiles are outstanding for live. Sinmix has some excellent high gain profiles, both for recording and live. There are, of course, countless others. The Rig Exchange is also full of useful and usable profiles, though one can get a bit tone blind when auditioning so many after each other.

• Check out Kemper's official tutorial videos on youtube, if you haven't already. They'll give you a good idea of what the different sections (Input, Stomps, Stack, Effects, Output) can withhold and how the signal flows.
    For recording, I like The Amp Factory and Bert Meulendijk's profiles. Guido Bungenstock has some nice profiles for pure playing pleasure. MBritt's profiles are outstanding for live. Sinmix has some excellent high gain profiles, both for recording and live. There are, of course, countless others. The Rig Exchange is also full of useful and usable profiles, though one can get a bit tone blind when auditioning so many after each other.

^^^^ This is great advice

• I’m curious what you guys wish you’d known beforehand...tips, tricks, favorite pack authors and what not.

Read on...

Any input?

Nooooo! It's the hole on the right-hand side. "Strangely", the left socket is the headphone output. :D

Welcome, mate.

• the left socket is the headphone output

Good advice :)
    If you have a question about a specified topic - there are many here who will help you,
    But sure it needs to study the manual to be in the position to ask some thing..

Generally question like "what I need to know" instead of a friendly "hello" are impossible to answer and not really beloved .

• Nooooo! It's the hole on the right-hand side. "Strangely", the left socket is the headphone output. :D
    Welcome, mate.

You may not get this joke but its a real newbie gotcha....when I first got mine I couldn't get any sound, tried everything etc...then realized I was plugged into the headphone socket not input..

Otehr advice from me - donp;t immediately spend a bundle on 3rd party profiles, there are so many other there although SamBrox is right, its so easy to get tone blind.

Rig Manager quite limited in what it does but its very useful for auditioning profiles/rigs...

Oh, and profiles will sound very different through FRFR speakers compared to guitar cabs...

• Check out Kemper's official tutorial videos on youtube, if you haven't already. They'll give you a good idea of what the different sections (Input, Stomps, Stack, Effects, Output) can inhold and how the signal flows.

Can't argue with that :) Welcome man !!!

• Welcome Steinmetzify.
    Might be useful to know your primary use case. Are you primarily going for live use?
    Recording primary?
    What are your plans for output?
    As an example, my primary use case is live, and recording is secondary, so my profile choices reflect that along with my first choice of a DXR10 for output. I say first choice because
    A) it is very popular and a trustworthy choice based on opinions
    B) there was one available to me used locally for a really good price

Never know how deep down the rabbit hole we'll go... :thumbup:

• Welcome to the Family :)

Thanks man, appreciated.

Welcome Sir. What you really need to know is you're about to go on an adventure. So when you talk to your Boss tell her to plan something special for you two when you return so when you leave again and you will, she might just understand. 8)

Also appreciated lol....she's been thru it before when I bought an AxeII, she knows what's up. :D

• Yo guys...took a little longer than I was thinking, but it finally happened. Showed up yesterday; had to work a bit but been down deep when I can.

Just came up for air, and this thing is amazing. I’ll be posting here occasionally for fun and no profit.

See you guys around the boards!