Kemperites' Views on the New Forum Format?

• I don't like to jump to conclusions. Even when I am sure I am right I am often wrong ^^

Very true. And I am not as familiar with EU law, which has had major changes recently.

On any other forum I would argue that the admins would have made an announcement regarding such a change...but here? :D

Edit: Maybe he means this...but it is far from law still. I can't hardly imagine the logistics of enforcing such a thing.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/…le-11-13-passes-juri-vote

Or this...still not law. https://ec.europa.eu/digital-s…-content-online-platforms

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• Still unable to embed any imgur link...the image embed button does ask for a source now, when it didn't before, giving credibility to the idea that it is a restriction, and not a bug.

Makes no sense either way, I can attach and embed a picture I did not create, yet I cannot upload to imgur and embed something I did.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I think it'd be a very good idea for you to refrain from posting any more legal "advice". I believe you do not know what you are talking about.

For your information:

1. Kemper is a german company and there is no DCMA in german law.

2. I don't post legal advice, I just try to help explain why Kemper have decided to deactivate image embedding.

3. I run (large) internet forums since 18 years only. So you're right, I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Tried all links. It didn't work like former times

I think lightbox has explained it very good.

A discussion why is it so seems not really sensefull because it is out of duty of Kemper.

Addendum.

I'm not so unhappy that I don't have to look at every picture in large size anymore when I scroll down.;)

• For your information:

2. I don't post legal advice, I just try to help explain why Kemper have decided to deactivate image embedding.

3. I run (large) internet forums since 18 years only. So you're right, I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about.

I’m not trying to be cheeky, start an argument or flame an existing one but can you confirm if you know Kemper are actively enforcing this rather it being a bug or just deducing so?

Thanks

Alan

• Yemen suffering, Palestinians suffering , the planet in drought and much more is going on , all as i am saying [respectfully] IS lets try to be kind to each other, we need to work TOGETHER

thats all :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Dont stress and live and let live brah ;)

(especially LEAVE those alone that mean well)

some times even YOU gotta focus too mate :)

I speak the truth buddy

thread wont get closed old mate

ALL IS WELL

respectfully

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Seriously, I think not allowing us to embed pictures is silly. I mean, what if I (shudder) find I can't embed from another site and decide to attach (obviously) my own picture in a thread.

It doesn't make sense.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For your information:

1. Did I not mention EU law, or did you just not notice?

2. Yes you do. But I actually do appreciate your input, I'd just like it backed by something.

3. Wonderful, we agree here.

...the backwardness of disabling hosting embeds while enabling user uploads truly boggles my mind.

Last edit: Still looking for that law...

Edited 4 times, last by Locrain ().

• Is that all bullshit what is written?

Yes. But that probably includes my posts as well. :D