What would be your killer feature for a Kemper 2 ?

• I've never seen any reason for a mk II and the kemper team makes sure I don't. 8)

I'd agree for functions. The only reasons for me would be a quicker load time and smaller unit with the same connectivity. Neither of those need a mkII though.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I'm sure someone soon will revive the "but if only we could run dual profiles"....

My original post was flagged as inappropriate and deleted.

I'll just grumble something like *he had to say it....*, along with a few bits of 'color' under my breath, then.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• (Tongue in cheek)

A feature that breaks the cycle of “the next Kemper” threads. 🤪

... yes, let me pick this up. 10.0 already feels like the next generation K2, for me, even with no further additions. But now imagine a Liquid Cab section (free and dynamic mic placement, like those Dynacabs in FAS world or whatever it is called in the Helix), along with Liquid Profiles.

Even I, myself, would really shut up forever and simply add an H90 to my Kemper. Done. So... that should be my personal last and final request. Liquid Cabs.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Actually, I am very pleased as a customer to keep the old HW and get new features via SW updates.

I do not see ANY reason for a new device yet.

I'm sure someone soon will revive the "but if only we could run dual profiles"....

I do agree to a certain extent. There’s no “need” as such. It’s pretty much luxury stuff, we are talking about. There’s no “need”, but there’s definitely stuff left to be desired and improvements and stuff the Kemper cannot do, that competitors are doing due to the Kempers long lasting unit and therefore older technology and choices being made back then.

Some people tend to ridicule people desiring new technological solutions. They just fail to see, that their own desire and wishes are not the only correct ones in the world. What is wrong with desiring dual amping? What’s wrong with NOT desiring dual amping? Nothing. So why keep ridiculing people, just because they express needs that deviate from ones own? I don’t get that. I really don’t.

As I see it there are still many places, the Kemper is lacking behind in nowadays’ competitors solutions. Why is that so wrong to express the following:

- A better USB connectivity. As the solution now is not of interest to me and saw me having to buy a new audio interface and use S/Pdif again. Which is fine though. But I’ve wanted the USB solution for ages and was ecstatic by the news of it arriving only to realize that it’s not meeting my demands at all.

- Being able to merge several profiles into one. Back when doing a lot of analog amp recordings, I Never just used 1 microphone. Never. Blending 2-3 microphones just gives ME and apparently others a better result being able to mix between sources…..right until the mixing stage. So no….a solution of placing a mixer between the Kemper and the amp and use more microphones does not do the trick. You’re stuck at this sound. What the heck is wrong with finding that appealing? I cannot see it.

- Dual amps. It’s not really my thing. Never really learned to enjoy it back in my Line6 days. But the idea is great.

I do agree that the Liquid Profiling does seem to be a monster upgrade, but I preserve my rights to be a little less ecstatic about it. The USB upgrade failed on me. I’m not sure that this will change anything for me. But is it cool? Heck yeah. Does it put it back in the race regarding its competitors? Heck yeah. Has it ever really been loosing ground? Not really imho. The way it has been upgraded since it’s beginning, is crazy. Am I still loving it? Yes. But would I try something else someday? Indeed. Even though it’s by far the equipment, that has the most value for money to me ever since I got it 10-11 years ago, it still lacks in some areas.

BUT….if the Kemper team somehow makes a solution to merge profiles, I would probably feel that it meets ALL my needs. If it somehow was possible to incorporate this in RM, that would be seriously crazy. Or even creating a standalone software solution that could merge profiles. That would be so sick and then I’d probably fall into the category of people ridiculing others for failing to see, that the Kemper is perfect as is ^^ Just kidding….but I would definitely argue for it’s ability to do pretty much everything. I world be content with using S/Pdif.

Edited 3 times, last by b_ryan ().

• Whatever the killer feature or functionality is, I don't think anyone has even thought about it much less suggested it. *Maybe* the Liquid Cab concept has legs.

Everything Kemper has done to this point has been fairly non-traditional and more often than not, unexpected. Think about:

- Profiling instead of component modeling (like everyone else at the time)'

- Reverbs and delays aren't pedal emulations. There is no "Memory Dude" or "PlexO". No straight emulations.

- Plugins not withstanding (because I don't know) - The Kemper Drive and Fuzz are unlike anything I'm aware of in any other digital hardware solution.

- The Kone/Imprints

- Liquid Profiling

- ??????

None of these by themselves is really enough to sway buyers into a version 2. Collectively? Sure. But just like everything else....that isn't how they've gone about things.

If a version 2 of the Profiler is possible, I would think Kemper would insist on it eclipsing its current hardware by a wide margin. Not just some ins/outs, more slots, multiple profiles at once etc. How ever desirable some may think this is -it's really just me-too stuff. Almost all possible with certain workarounds and zero innovation.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• As I see it there are still many places, the Kemper is lacking behind in nowadays’ competitors solutions. Why is that so wrong to express the following:

- A better USB connectivity. As the solution now is not of interest to me and saw me having to buy a new audio interface and use S/Pdif again. Which is fine though. But I’ve wanted the USB solution for ages and was ecstatic by the news of it arriving only to realize that it’s not meeting my demands at all.

OK, how so?

Works amazingly well here using 'WaveOut' in the daw (on PC). Accuracy when using Kemper's headphone jack for monitoring is exact.

So much better/easier for recording and monitoring than what I was doing before: analog through an interface.

Integrated drivers have been announced, which should be even better. Hopefully they release soon!

• Surely all these minor feature updates don't justify a whole new product though. I have never bought a guitar amp and expected it to be an interface. This is just a bonus, like all the updates.

If Kemper were to release a new profiler, I doubt it would be a simple upgrade. CK has always looked for innovation in his career and never simply dropped a faster processor.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I have actually made a topic about it. And yes….there are limitations, I’m not fond of. For instance that you have to plug in external monitors to actually listen to your USB Kemper signal. Wt actual f :huh: Unless you want to either download third party software solutions that can route the USB Kemper output signal to your audio interface to listen through your connected monitors or listen through the monitor playback on the track in the DAW. Two solutions I’m not interested in. I want to turn on my Kemper, turn on my computer and hear both my guitar and a potential backtrack or DAW simultaneously. Not an option here. And yes….Kemper support themselves have verified this not being possible. So how about that for an explanation ;) Monitoring is a “nightmare” as is if not wanting a separate pair of speakers. And I don’t since I want to listen trough the same speakers as my playback for several “audio engineering” purposes. But I’m happy for you, that it suits your needs. That is awesome 😎

• I vote for Liquid Mic'ing next. I wonder if Kemper can squeeze that in to the current model. Other than that, a color touch screen, dual profiles (Left and Right), and dual stereo poweramps.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have actually made a topic about it. And yes….there are limitations, I’m not fond of. For instance that you have to plug in external monitors to actually listen to your USB Kemper signal. Wt actual f :huh: Unless you want to either download third party software solutions that can route the USB Kemper output signal to your audio interface to listen through your connected monitors or listen through the monitor playback on the track in the DAW. Two solutions I’m not interested in. I want to turn on my Kemper, turn on my computer and hear both my guitar and a potential backtrack or DAW simultaneously. Not an option here. And yes….Kemper support themselves have verified this not being possible. So how about that for an explanation ;) Monitoring is a “nightmare” as is if not wanting a separate pair of speakers. And I don’t since I want to listen trough the same speakers as my playback for several “audio engineering” purposes. But I’m happy for you, that it suits your needs. That is awesome 😎

I get what you are saying and agree that it would be fantastic if you could do it. However, i don’t think the ‘what the actual f@*k’ problem is Kemper’s fault or problem. You really need to lobbying Apple or Microsoft for a solution.

• I get what you are saying and agree that it would be fantastic if you could do it. However, i don’t think the ‘what the actual f@*k’ problem is Kemper’s fault or problem. You really need to lobbying Apple or Microsoft for a solution.

I don’t believe so. Other companies have created software to route signals on the computer. Someone here made that clear to me, so I checked it out. So it’s already possible to do. I just don’t fancy that solution either, since it seems too complex to setup routing like this.

• I don’t believe so. Other companies have created software to route signals on the computer. Someone here made that clear to me, so I checked it out. So it’s already possible to do. I just don’t fancy that solution either, since it seems too complex to setup routing like this.

Bit i think that’s the point. The other solution is a work around that is too complex. The problem lies at operating system level so in order to create a solution that isn’t too complex and a work around would need apple OS or Wimdows to make it possible.

• I have found the USB audio of the Kemper to be of little use. The Stage has 4 in and 4 outs, the Rack and Head are only 2 in and 2 outs. My recording interface (Behringer X32) has 32 ins and 32 outs. It can also feed 10 pairs of monitors with their own mix.

The only reason I would use the Kemper USB is to record a single stereo track, I never re-amp anything. Other than those two things, I can think of no other reason to use the Kemper USB audio at all.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• I have found the USB audio of the Kemper to be of little use. The Stage has 4 in and 4 outs, the Rack and Head are only 2 in and 2 outs. My recording interface (Behringer X32) has 32 ins and 32 outs. It can also feed 10 pairs of monitors with their own mix.

The only reason I would use the Kemper USB is to record a single stereo track, I never re-amp anything. Other than those two things, I can think of no other reason to use the Kemper USB audio at all.

I agree that the USB audio feature isn’t much use for recording as I have a decent MOTU interface with multiple ins and outs. However, there are two areas where it is killer. One is on the go quick ideas with a laptop or iPad without the need to have another interface with you. The other (much more interesting to me personally) is the ability to run Roxsyn and Midi Guitar 2 on my iPad with the Kemper. Imcan aslso see live uses for guys who trigger the odd sample or intro music from a laptop or iPad live.