Power amps with KPA

• I'm a fan of the Camplifier and of the Seymour Duncan SD series.

The Camplifier works great for backline support while sending mains to FOH, and the SD 700 is more than enough to power a gig via backline.

• I like to use sometimes an old marshall 8008. It's also stereo (if You may need it) and 80watt per channel is quite a lot.

No extra eq pots but a simple switch on the back to choose Linear or Valvstate.

1 rack unit.

• I like to use sometimes an old marshall 8008. It's also stereo (if You may need it) and 80watt per channel is quite a lot.

1 rack unit.

Had it back in the days when everybody (me included) was using a rack. It was sounding great with 2 half.stacks

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

1 rack unit.

I used one of these with my Helix - its a great (and loud) poweramp.

• I've used a Fryette Powerstation until very recently. I had one so it was easy to put in the rack and it's a killer piece of gear.

But ... it's heavy. And lugging my rack with the Kemper, the Furman power conditioner, and the PowerStation was too much. So i bought this: Monoprice Class D Power Amp

Inexpensive, Class D, 300 watts bridged. More than enough to run my FRFR monitor. And very light in the rack

• i’ld probably just put a 200w Icepower amp in a project box and call it a day

Other amp’s mention are easier , if you don’t have minimal building skills

This is what I did with my Toaster. Built my own Camplifier.

It would be a LOT easier with a Rack and project box. The hardest part for me (and it wasn't that tough) was making the back plate, mounting the amp module and then assembling the whole thing. With a project box it'd be way easier.

The Seymour Duncan Powerstage units are basically (really) pretty project boxes with IcePower modules inside. My solution uses the same module as the SD200. No volume or tone controls on mine.....but so what? The powered head and rack don't have them, either.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I am also using the Seymour Duncan Powerstage. I have the 170 where I never had problems next to a very loud drummer. And small enough to fit into the front pocket of my guitar bag. I am using it with the rack and the stage when there is a cabinet on the location and if I don't bring my powered cabinet or if there is a decent amp where I can use the FX return.

• I use a Palmer Macht 402. 400w bridged into 4ohms. 2×200w @4ohms or 2x100w@8ohms (where I'm at). Bass and treble controls on front and an anti-rumble switch make quick adjustments a cinch. Cheap too and even cheaper 2nd hand!