+6 Months and still no more new Liquid Profile " Amp Channels " (?)

• Hey all !

I know we got the Player and are getting some new "efx" ........ -BUT- ........ Liquid Profiling was touted as the next frontier of "authenticity" ... which I actually agree with.

But since August '23 ....... 6+ months ago ..... we have seen zero new modelled "Amp Channels" for providers / makers to produce and make available new Liquid Profile Packs.

So far ... we have 21 x different Amps ... we have:-

=> 11 x Fenders

=> 3 x Marshalls

=> 2 x Vox

=> 1 x JC 120

=> 1 x Freidman

=> 1 x Orange

=> 1 x Dual Rec

=> 1 x Soldano

For something that was/is so momentous and future proofing the product and keeping it at the forefront, it really seems like the move to Liquid Profiling has pretty much hit a wall (?)

Anyone else see it this way (?)

Ben

• im sure if quality is paramount, the likely take a decent amount of time to dev. thats already a liquid load of amps. i rather they take the time to polish & shine the releases.

"No socks? No problem."

• My personal view is that its gone the same way as imprints.

A fairly decent list has been created and more will come but won't be a top priority as its the law of diminishing returns...

• For something that was/is so momentous and future proofing the product and keeping it at the forefront, it really seems like the move to Liquid Profiling has pretty much hit a wall (?)

Anyone else see it this way (?)

No.

What I see is a much-smaller-than-you-think team pushing out LP's, something that took over a decade to sort out in CK's mind. Then turning to finish developing effects that have been requested for years....while simultaneously releasing an entirely new product, adding Android support for RM and tossing in a few other updates for good measure

All in the 6 months since and with the exception of the KPP.....all for free.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Take a deep breath, you already have enough technology in your hand to write a few hit songs.

Well.. sounds like a politically correct way to say Shut Up and Play ! :D

Basically I Agree!

something that took over a decade to sort out in CK's mind.

yes Ruefus.. I agree with Your basic message and I'm glad for what we already have, and I'm pretty sure Nobody in Kemper is wasting time waiting for "5:00 pm"

But,

specifically about LQP, when it came out it makes me think : (Beside the fact I have amps that are not covered by the actual Model List)

ok cool... but ain't this a bit too late now?

I mean, it's already 10+ years I'm used to tweak profiles with the Generic mode. Is it really an Upgrade Now?

• Take a deep breath, you already have enough technology in your hand to write a few hit songs.

Yes, take a deep breath. But we could say get out your acoustic guitar write a hit song. Totally off the point of the OP and the Kemper.

...For something that was/is so momentous and future proofing the product and keeping it at the forefront, it really seems like the move to Liquid Profiling has pretty much hit a wall (?)...

IMO the OP made a valid point. LP is not actually that momentous, interesting or useful or much of an improvement over what was available prior to that. It did generate some buzz and new/renewed interest which is good for Kemper business. The hype on this forum regarding LP was not based on any thing tangible. It was mostly overblown nonsense. I would suggest that the OP reset expectations. LP is not momentous, game changing or any other platitude you may choose. The high expectations were never warranted, so understand it for what it is.

• about LQP, when it came out it makes me think : (Beside the fact I have amps that are not covered by the actual Model List)

ok cool... but ain't this a bit too late now?

I mean, it's already 10+ years I'm used to tweak profiles with the Generic mode. Is it really an Upgrade Now?

To many - yes. What should be made more clear is that the existing amps cover a lot more than just the names we see. The Fender tone stack applies to a lot of different amps.

For existing users - perhaps it is ‘too late’, as you say. At least for the gain knob - it definitely *is* an upgrade. But I doubt existing users are the ones they want to lure in.

It’s also making good on a promise CK made back in 2011 when it was first released.

• IMO the OP made a valid point. LP is not actually that momentous, interesting or useful or much of an improvement over what was available prior to that. It did generate some buzz and new/renewed interest which is good for Kemper business. The hype on this forum regarding LP was not based on any thing tangible. It was mostly overblown nonsense. I would suggest that the OP reset expectations. LP is not momentous, game changing or any other platitude you may choose. The high expectations were never warranted, so understand it for what it is

For some people it was a game changer, for others ( like me) I've not been that bothered. CK I think himself didn't see the need for it but did it because it was one of the "criticisms" of profiles vs modelling and many people were asking for it. It also seemed to do what it set out to do successfully...so it is momentous IF you need the profiles to respond to changes as per the original amp. For some of us that's not necessary, for others they think its essential.

It was a tangible change and a response to the request that had been made for many years, so even if you and I don't see much value, I think many people do.

• ....it was one of the "criticisms" of profiles vs modelling and many people were asking for it. It also seemed to do what it set out to do successfully...

I don't know that this is true. Not when Eric Klein, Chief Product Design Architect at Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. / Line 6 said this about what Christoph had done:

Yep. This is awesome. We've been talking about something like Liquid Profiling for years and of course Christoph pulls it off.

Glückwunsch, mein Freund!

• I don't know that this is true.

I'm only really stating the criticisms on this forum. I think the comments so often were that once you start tweaking, it doesn't sound like the original amp. Many of us said " so what", but for some people it was important - there seemed to be 2 very clear camps on this subject.

So I think its true, but I might be missing your point and it is of course purely anecdotal :)

• I'm only really stating the criticisms on this forum. I think the comments so often were that once you start tweaking, it doesn't sound like the original amp. Many of us said " so what", but for some people it was important - there seemed to be 2 very clear camps on this subject.

So I think its true, but I might be missing your point and it is of course purely anecdotal :)

No worries.

My comment was aimed at the idea that modeling had 'handled' the Liquid Profile concept long ago. Which appears it did not for some reason.

What I find humorous is that Chrisoph Kemper - the guy who decided to *not* do modeling, solved the Liquid Profile problem....... using modeling. Something others have done for a couple decades now in some cases, but in their own words, didn't figure it out.

• you gitarrist are happy people😅

We base players have 0 bass tone stacks amps for liquid profiling since August 😢

• I wouldn't mind a comprehensive cross-reference list on which amps share the same LP model (tone stack or whatever you call it).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• My personal view is that its gone the same way as imprints.

A fairly decent list has been created and more will come but won't be a top priority as its the law of diminishing returns...

My opinion as well, you have to have patience in the Kemperverse.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• CK I think himself didn't see the need for it but did it because it was one of the "criticisms" of profiles vs modelling and many people were asking for it.

I entirely agree with that !

Plus the fact competitors bring the Capture/Clone possibilities.

But i think if these two reasons were not combined, he wouldn't have worked on this solution !?

• I think, that Kemper, at this time, sets all power in their new product "Player".
    Kemper is a company and they need and want to sell.

That's the only way to get money.

Developping new free software does not create sales.

• I think, that Kemper, at this time, sets all power in their new product "Player".
    Kemper is a company and they need and want to sell.

That's the only way to get money.

Developping new free software does not create sales.

Increasing the features of a product does generate new sales...

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better