Liquid Profiles of Amps - Your Most Wanted

• Official Post

I have Studio 22, Dual Rectifier, Mark B:25 and a Triaxis so am pretty well acquainted with Mesa amps. The basic tone stack is pretty consistent across all models but the push/pull shifts and mode switches etc add different component values. I imagine Kemper could mode this in one of two ways. Either include individual tone stacks for each combination or assign the options to sofkeys.

in case of the Friedman BE100 model, the (numerous) switches weren't modelled.
    it is assumed that a Liquid Profile is made of each desirable combination, thereby strengthening the pool of usable, real-world tones instead of providing endless minor iterations 'just because'

• in case of the Friedman BE100 model, the (numerous) switches weren't modelled.
    it is assumed that a Liquid Profile is made of each desirable combination, thereby strengthening the pool of usable, real-world tones instead of providing endless minor iterations 'just because'

Fair point Don.

I actually think it would be easier and more efficient to have the options as softkeys but I also see pros and cons to each method. Continuing with current philosophy does definitely benefit from maintaining consistency of workflow which is a very important consideration.

It’s probably worth differentiating between “modes” and changes to the tone stack. Combinations like Crunch, MkiiC+, MkIV etc would be profiled independently. However, options like “pull shift” for bass or treble simply replace one compnent value with another to kake the tone stack frequencies different. Where this sort of thing happens it would seem logical to make these softkeys instead of clutter the list of potential tone stacks with such a minor change.

• Only relevant if the tonestack is different. If the tonestack is common then you don't need a specific one for each channel...

The tone stacks of the different channels ARE differrent. That's one of the cool feature of this Amp!

F.e. Channel 1 has a tone stack close to a Fender Amp. Channel 2 a typical Marshall tone stack.

So it would be nice to have the different Channels of this Amp as seperated electable "amps" in the Amp section of the Kemper.

• The tone stacks of the different channels ARE differrent. That's one of the cool feature of this Amp!

F.e. Channel 1 has a tone stack close to a Fender Amp. Channel 2 a typical Marshall tone stack.

So it would be nice to have the different Channels of this Amp as seperated electable "amps" in the Amp section of the Kemper.

I knew they were voiced differently and had separate tone controls but didn't know that the stacks themselves were different...if so, then you are right, its valid.

• I actually think it would be easier and more efficient to have the options as softkeys but I also see pros and cons to each method. Continuing with current philosophy does definitely benefit from maintaining consistency of workflow which is a very important consideration.

From a workflow point of view it would definitely make sense to me to have the options as soft keys - instead of tweaking the dials, then deciding “I want to try with this switch engaged”, then switching to a different profile, re-tweak the dials from scratch, then decide to change another switch, repeat the process etc…. Sounds like a nightmare to me.

• The tone stacks of the different channels ARE differrent. That's one of the cool feature of this Amp!

Do you happen to know if the tonestacks for the JS model are the same as for the regular JVM?

• what you describe could easily be caused by different clipping diodes, or lack thereof and not necessarily by the tonestack

Hey Don !

Just a quick question. In the current latest Beta there are 45 Amp Channels + the 1 Legacy Kemper Generic.

However .... of these 45 ..... there are only 2 x EL84's ... :( ...... the AC15 and AC30.

Don't know if you can say (?) ... but here goes anyway ....

=> are there more Amp Channels coming in the next Betas or Releases (?)

=> hint ... hint ... would be amazing to get a couple of the classic legendary EL 84 Amps like a Matchless DC30 Ch 1 12AX7 and CH2 EF86 and a Dr Z Wreck (?)

These 2 ... along with the AC's already in there would cover pretty much %100 of any EL 84 Amps vendors wanted to Liquid Profile.

All the best,

Ben