Setup Stupidity

• Ever plug everything in in prep for a gig, only to get no signal into your Profiler?

You stare at it. Restart….stare some more. Wonder…etc.

….and then…you realize realize it’s PINIP…..(Problem Is Not Inside Profiler).

On my toaster, I had plugged my guitar into the left input. Which is the headphone out.

Derp.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I get caught by the guitar's volume knob sometimes. The bad one is when everything is on and working but my cursor in DAW is past the fade out.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• i feel you, been there twice...really a bad feeling when you discover you plugged again into headphones. should be written in big glowing letters on top of the toaster: plug into the right input.

• It seems to me most amps work left to right. So your impulse to plug into the left port is the right one.

However Kemper, always doing the best engineering work possible, knows most players are right handed and their cord will be exiting the guitar on the right side of the Kemper when facing it. So being plugged into the left side of the unit would mean your chair would be rolling over the cable the whole time you are editing 8)

• Ever plug everything in in prep for a gig, only to get no signal into your Profiler?

You stare at it. Restart….stare some more. Wonder…etc.

….and then…you realize realize it’s PINIP…..(Problem Is Not Inside Profiler).

On my toaster, I had plugged my guitar into the left input. Which is the headphone out.

Derp.

I've never actually done that one before. When I boot up to play at least 20% of the time I do one of the following:

Forget to turn the chicken head knob from tuner to browser mode.

Forget to plug the instrument cable into the guitar.

Forget to plug the instrument cable into the profiler.

Forget to turn the volume knob on my power amp up.

Everytime I do one of the above my anxiety level goes up because my first thought is that the profiler has stopped working, then the panicked search begins to find the source of the problem..... It's me every single stinking time.

I haven't used the headphone jack in five years, don't even notice it to be honest. But now that I've read this post I can guarantee my sub conscience will cause me to plug into the headphone jack and I'll never figure out what's wrong!

• when im in a hurry to connect everything that happen to me many times

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• I’m glad I’m not the only one. It’s been *forever* since I did it. I think it’s my brain defaulting to pretty much every amp I’ve had or plugged into.

The input is on the left.

That, and I’ve been using the headphone out for USB audio.

Sat there for longer than I care to admit thinking “What am I missing?”

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• OMG, how I can emphasise, done every thing mentioned more then once, it is what it is to be human 🙄.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• it is what it is to be human

This. Same club here and "sh*t happens". We've all been through that Ruefus for sure.

I think it’s my brain defaulting to pretty much every amp I’ve had or plugged into.

Indeed. Remembering all my tube amps over the years it has always been like this...

What sometimes helps to increase safety in hectic show business situations is some tape or anything else to make sure specific input/output jacks are not used at all. I have such little plastic pieces here which fit nicely and remind the brain of "uh, don't plug something in here!" 8)

• It seems to me most amps work left to right. So your impulse to plug into the left port is the right one.

However Kemper, always doing the best engineering work possible, knows most players are right handed and their cord will be exiting the guitar on the right side of the Kemper when facing it. So being plugged into the left side of the unit would mean your chair would be rolling over the cable the whole time you are editing 8)

Might be a few of these out there

Just sayin’ 😉

IMG_1750.jpeg

• I don't have this matter on Kemper Stage cause Input and Headphone placement is different + Jack is not the same size...

But, once, i had no noise, i've mingled monitor output and pedals inputs...8o