Liquid Profiles

• For [Liquid ] PROFILING, it is preferable to set the gain control of your reference amp to the maximum position.....These unusual settings might not sound all that great, but they are electrically stable and very reproducible for capturing a Liquid Profile.

My neighbors are going to be delighted ;) ^^

• You may have been thinking - correctly - that we can't create our own new tone stacks - we can only choose one of the supplied ones. Otherwise we are free to create profiles and use the new tonestacks to render our own "liquid" profiles - liquid in that they can be operated with the authentic tone and gain controls.

This was my understanding as well.

• You may have been thinking - correctly - that we can't create our own new tone stacks - we can only choose one of the supplied ones. Otherwise we are free to create profiles and use the new tonestacks to render our own "liquid" profiles - liquid in that they can be operated with the authentic tone and gain controls.

Not sure I see the difference in creating a profile and "adding" the Kemper tonestacks ( Liquid profiles) so not sure what that constitutes creating liquid profiles......BUT I don't profile these days and I'm probably confusing myself as well as other people so I might just shut up :)

• The very early profiles from Mattfig were all profiled with settings on noon. Maybe they get a revival soon...

Not the gain...;)

Now the manual says

For [Liquid ] PROFILING, it is preferable to set the gain control of your reference amp to the maximum position

Now I really should try out the very first Mattfig rigs, because on paper they seem perfect for adding LP / Tonestacks?!

Mattfig

• Now the manual says

For [Liquid ] PROFILING, it is preferable to set the gain control of your reference amp to the maximum position

Now I really should try out the very first Mattfig rigs, because on paper they seem perfect for adding LP / Tonestacks?!

Mattfig

I added it to his SLO Mofo pack and it shines even more !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Now the manual says

Mattfig

I've literally just been digging out some old Mattfig profiles (SLX900), which I'd previously rejected, but was searching for some raw Marshall tones so figured I'd try the DI's in the pack with some Celestion cabs - and they ended up sounding glorious! Glad I revisited them armed with IR's :)

They actually didn't need much EQ-ing once I'd swapped cabs and adjusted definition, but sounds like they would be good candidates for experimenting with Liquid tonestacks - do you happen to know if these are some of the ones profiled at noon?

• Not sure I see the difference in creating a profile and "adding" the Kemper tonestacks ( Liquid profiles) so not sure what that constitutes creating liquid profiles......BUT I don't profile these days and I'm probably confusing myself as well as other people so I might just shut up :)

What constitutes creating Liquid Profiles is putting in the original gain and tonestack values. You can put in the original gain and tonestack info to either existing or new profiles, and in both cases you get Liquid Profiles.

• What constitutes creating Liquid Profiles is putting in the original gain and tonestack values. You can put in the original gain and tonestack info to either existing or new profiles, and in both cases you get Liquid Profiles.

For "legacy" profiles, making them "Liquid Profiles" will only really work OK *if* you know (a) the exact Amp values the real amp was set up with for the profile you are trying to "reverse liquify" ..... and (b) the Amp you made your older legacy profile is in the current list of the 40 or so current Kemper Amp Channels.

And .... even allowing for this, it wont - from my reading of the addendum - sound like a new ground-up new Liquid Profile of that Amp as the Gain was not set to full and the EQ controls [probably] not set to 12:00 noon when it was "legacy" profiled.

Ben

• I’m sure there will be plenty shortly when he creates some new packs to sell.

Probably pissed off because he didn’t note the original settings of his profiled amps =O

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• [/YOUTUBE.]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE.]

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• [/YOUTUBE.]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE.]

Your sig line to Laura Cox is killing me. LOL.

I watched several of her videos before realizing "Hey....I just noticed she's playing a guitar...."

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Your sig line to Laura Cox is killing me. LOL.

I watched several of her videos before realizing "Hey....I just noticed she's playing a guitar...."

Thanks Ruefus, of course in these days it might be considered a bit “incorrect” but as a Aussie coming of age during the eighties I find modern political correctness over corrected to a fault. Fun is fun.

• For "legacy" profiles, making them "Liquid Profiles" will only really work OK *if* you know (a) the exact Amp values the real amp was set up with for the profile you are trying to "reverse liquify" ..... and (b) the Amp you made your older legacy profile is in the current list of the 40 or so current Kemper Amp Channels.

Depends on what you mean by "work OK." You are free to choose any Amp Model that does not match the reference amp, and the Liquid Profile will work just fine.

And .... even allowing for this, it wont - from my reading of the addendum - sound like a new ground-up new Liquid Profile of that Amp as the Gain was not set to full and the EQ controls [probably] not set to 12:00 noon when it was "legacy" profiled.

This is recommended, not required.

• Thanks Ruefus, of course in these days it might be considered a bit “incorrect” but as a Aussie coming of age during the eighties I find modern political correctness over corrected to a fault. Fun is fun.

Agreed.

Don't knowingly hang everything out there, clearly on purpose, and then claim innocence when that gets referenced. Your marketing worked.

• What am I doing wrong here?

I selected a JCM800 profile, then assigned the Kemper JCM800 amp to make the "Liquid Profile".

Sounds fine, but when I roll back the gain, it thins out and almost starts to sound like a DI profile w/o a cab assigned (very thin and shrill). The only way it sounds good is if the gain control is not rolled back at all (essentially rendering the LP useless).

What am I missing/doing wrong?

• Do you have the original amp settings? Without that, it's going to be trial/error or hit and miss.

The tonestack needs to know how the amp was set before it can accurately make changes.

• Do you have the original amp settings? Without that, it's going to be trial/error or hit and miss.

The tonestack needs to know how the amp was set before it can accurately make changes.

No, but my understanding is that the original amp settings are a "nice to have" to get as accurate as possible, but not required (at least to not sound like crap).

• No, but my understanding is that the original amp settings are a "nice to have" to get as accurate as possible, but not required (at least to not sound like crap).

did you follow the guidelines from the manual?

Retrofitting to a Liquid Profile

You are free to choose any Amp Model and additional settings for any PROFILE and save the Rig as such. There might be PROFILEs that you have captured in the past, where you still remember the original settings of your reference tube amp, and you want to retrofit those PROFILEs to Liquid Profiles, without capturing them again. It would be a good idea to immortalize these settings by “burning” them, as it means they can be restored any time, just as if they’d been made during PROFILING.

To restore the parameters to how they were when the PROFILE was created, enter the amp settings of the PROFILE and press all three Restore buttons once. Assuming no other values have previously been burned to this PROFILE, “Restore Gain” will set the Gain to its original value, “Restore Amp Model” will reset the Amp Model to “Kemper Generic”, and “Restore EQ” will set all the EQ parameters to noon position.

Now select the appropriate Amp Model for that PROFILE.

If the original Gain setting is known, then set “Gain Pot Ref” to that position on the PROFILER. If it’s not known, then leave the “Gain Pot Ref” setting to “Off”.

If you want to burn the original EQ settings as well, then set Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, and EQ Position to the appropriate values. Don’t worry about the EQ changing the sound at this point – once the burning is done, the original sound is restored automatically (that’s the trick).

Now, hold “Burn” for a few seconds. Finally, be sure to save the Rig.